Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ender's Game

An excellent book. I was captivated by what Ender was going through and how he adapted to each new situation. I found his character to be deep and real and interesting. I was never really sure what was going on with the Buggers or how Ender was going to fight them, so I was surprised by how things ended up. The intrigue going on with his brother and sister were interesting, although those parts of the book did not captivate me.

I actually listened to the audio cd of this book, and it was very well done. They used different voices for some of the different characters to the betterment of the story.

I would highly recommend both the book and the audio cd, and I eagerly look forward to reading the sequel "Speaker for the Dead" which is also supposed to be very good.

No comments: